Metabolic Syndrome is defined as the presence of any three of the following symptoms:
- large waist size—waist measurement of 40+ inches for men and 35+ inches for women
- high blood pressure—blood pressure level of 130/85 or above,
- high triglycerides in the blood—triglyceride level of 150 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) or above
- abnormal levels of cholesterol–good cholesterol below 40 mg/dL for men and below 50 mg/dL for women
- higher than normal blood glucose levels—fasting blood glucose level of 100 mg/dL or above
Metabolic Syndrome is CAUSED by:
overeating + physical inactivity
Metabolic Syndrome is CURED by:
Mediterranean diet + physical activity
Health risks related to Metabolic Syndrome:
- an increase in heart disease, diabetes, and stroke
- individuals with these symptoms are twice as likely to develop heart disease and five times as likely to develop DIABETES
- an associated increase in the risk of common cancers
- also includes a probable connection to cognitive decline and to depression
- decreased quality and length of life
- metabolic syndrome kills
Eliminating the Metabolic Syndrome
Combine interventions: the Mediterranean Diet to lose weight, the Mediterranean Diet to maintain weight and physical exercise to increase fitness. A glass of wine a day is also a good idea.
So what are you waiting for?
If you are ready to learn how to make changes to your lifestyle so you can live a healthier and longer life, then join the You Are Worth It program. The first step is to sign-up for the 7-day membership trial.